Our caterer hunting started early this year. And after dozens of emails and inquiries sent to different caterers, we trimmed our options to the most affordable ones and highlighted three options among them. These three are Center Table Catering, Madel's Cuisine, and Quido's Catering.
Center Table was the first caterer where we had food tasting. We have no complains regarding Center Table's food. However, we've immediately crossed out this option knowing that our other alternatives have more competitive prices. Thus, the decision boiled down between Madel's Cuisine and Quido's Catering.
We had our food tasting with Madel's and I could say that Ms. Anj is really easy to talk to. She's open to suggestions and is very willing to entertain her clients' requests in terms of their preferred setup. In terms of food, Madel's food is at par with other more expensive caterers, not to mention their wide array of menus.
Back then, we were already decided to have Madel's as our caterer. However, we thought it won't hurt to give Quido's a shot, of which we had a scheduled food tasting a week after we tried Madel's. We visited one of their scheduled events in Tribeca, and right then and there, Cha decided to get Quido's as our caterer.
To cut the story short, these are the things that convinced us to get Quido's:
- Cha liked their setup -- light and minimalist, which is our preferred style.
- One of Cha's non-negotiables is the use of tiffany chairs which is fortunately included in Quido's package without the additional charge. If we were to get Madel's, we would need to cough up more money for the tiffany chairs at P95 per piece (x 140).
- In terms of food, I am happy that Cha liked what Quido's served because she is the type that could not be forced to eat what she does not like. :D
- Dealing with Ms. Gina (the owner) is such a breeze.
- And of course, the rates. Their rate is really affordable considering the inclusions in their packages.
Definitely, Quido's is one of the top caterers in its price bracket.
Here are some pictures of their setup from their food tasting event in Tribeca:
And here's their setup in our chosen venue, the Ramon Magsaysay Center Hall.
So there. We give our full trust to Quido's Catering to provide good food for our special day. :)